Eastern Athletic Association Constitution is reproduced in full below or you can download and print a word version.
- The name of the Association shall be the Eastern Athletic Association (here in after known as The Association).
- All competitions / activities promoted by the Association shall be held under UK Athletics (UKA) rules.
- The Association covers the geographic Counties of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire.
- The constituent members (here in after called the Members), who shall be Affiliated to the County or Service Associations are the Athletic Clubs, Schools, Service Units and County Association in the Area set out in Paragraph 3.
- The objects of the Association shall be to Encourage, Promote, Develop and Co-ordinate such Track and Field Athletic, Cross Country Running and Road Running activities, within the area set out in paragraph 3.
- The Management of the Association shall be vested in an Executive Committee, who shall be elected at an Annual General Meeting of The Members, comprising of;
- The Officers:- a chairman, a Vice Chairman, a Secretary, a Treasurer, Championship Secretaries and an Officials Secretary.
- The Delegates:- 6(six) elected delegates nominated by Member Clubs(one delegate per Club with each such delegate to be a member of that Club) and 1(one) delegate from each Member County Association.
- There may also be Honorary Officers comprising a President and Life Vice Presidents.
- The Executive Committee shall have the powers to co-opt such persons who may be required for the efficient running of the Association. Co-opted Members shall have NO vote.
- The Executive Committee shall form sub-committees as required.
- The Annual General Meeting will appoint an Auditor or Auditors and elect a Minute Secretary, Team Managers, Statistician.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Association shall be held no later than the end of April of each year and Notices will be as follows:
- The General Committee shall give NOT less than Forty Two clear days advance notice of the Annual General Meeting to the Secretary’s of each club, requiring that nominations and other Items of business for the meeting be notified at least 28 days before the AGM is due to take place.
- The General Committee shall at least 21 days before the meeting notify secretary of each club Of the business to be transacted at the meeting.
- Quorum at Meetings: A Quorum at a Committee Meeting shall be 6(six) voting Committee Members. A quorum at a General Meeting shall be 6( six) persons present and entitles to vote.
- At General Meeting, voting rights will be 1(one) vote per Club, 1(one) vote per County Association and 1(One) vote per Officer. All votes must be cast by persons present (NO proxies and NO postal votes).
- The funds of the Association shall be held in a bank approved by the Executive Committee. The accounts of the Association shall be maintained by the Treasurer. The signatories for the cheques shall be any 2 (two) of the chairman, the Secretary and the Treasurer. The Accounting period shall be from 1st March until 28/29 February.
- A special or an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Association may be called by the Executive Committee, or by Secretary within 14 (fourteen) days of receipt, by him or her of a requisition signed by the representatives of at least 4 (four) Members (as defined in paragraph 5) stating their reasons for such a meeting to be called. The Secretary shall give not less than 14 (fourteen) days clear notice to all the Executive Committee and Members specifying the object of the meeting. No other business shall be transacted at that meeting.
- No rule shall be added, amended or rescinded, except at a General Meeting.
Notice of all proposed rule change must be sent to the Secretary of the Association, in writing and signed on behalf of the Member giving such notice, and must be received by the Secretary at least 28 (twenty-eight) days before the date of the meeting.
Particulars of all proposed changes shall be forwarded by the Secretary to each of the Executive Committee and each Member at least 14 (fourteen) days prior to the General Meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall have full power to act in all matters arising not covered by the rules providing that such decisions are notified to the next General Meeting of the Association.
ISSUE DATE: June 2009
For more information about Eastern AA please email: email@example.com